Legendary lifestyle event Big Boys’ Toys is celebrating twenty years of thrills, chills, and spills this November. From the 16th-18th of November the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane will be packed with supercars, barbeques, fighting robots, and monster trucks – the pinnacles of human achievement.
But wait – this vehicular extravaganza isn’t just for testosterone-jacked petrolheads! Eco-friendly attractions include the latest in electric bikes, strongmen, and sword fights.
“This year’s show has it all,” says Event Director Dean Wilson. “All the best features that the public already loves about this show, plus a whole lot of new attractions to make it the ultimate day out for people of all ages.”
Despite the name, Big Boys’ Toys has been delighting men and women of all sizes for two decades. It’s now expanded to take over six halls, offering spectators more to buy and try than ever.
The Driven Hall is New Zealand’s premier automotive showcase, with plenty to drive home – it’s not just for looking. Electric Avenue contains the latest in chargeable vehicles, an expontentially-expanding market.
The biggest toys can be found in the Construction Zone, where the Auckland Exavator Operator Champs will be held.
Most importantly, don’t forget to check out the Mammoth Action Arena, an extreme sports show featuring World BMX superstar Jed Mildon and the less complex but equally riveting sport of car-dropping (it’s exactly what it sounds like).
“We’re absolutely delighted with the lineup this year,” says Wilson.
“Ribs and robots, barbecues and electric bikes, strongmen and sword-fights, stunt riders and supercars… Big Boys Toys 2018 has it all!
Full List of Highlights:
- The Electric Avenue, celebrating the EV revolution and all things electric
- Supercars including the 2018 Ford GT and Ferrari 812 Superfast
- The Driven Hall, NZ’s premier lineup of major brands and automotive products
- The Mammoth Action Arena, with some of the world’s best extreme sport athletes
- The Mirthmobile from Wayne’s World
- The Jack Daniels BBQ Alley featuring the Brothers of the Grill BBQ competition
- The CCNZ Construction Zone will showcase big machinery in an interactive format
- The Lifestyle & Electronics Hall with the latest in laptops, gaming, VR and technology
- The Ultimate Garage with hot rods, classic cars, machinery and more
- The Smoke Free Hall presented by Vapo
- The inaugural Combative Robotics National Championships
- The Medieval Fighting National Champs
- The Auckland Excavator Champs
- The Auckland Strongman Series
Family passes are available for $55, or Adults cost $25 (children under 5 free, children 5-12 $5).
Early bird specials are available, so hurry to Big Boys’ Toys’ website to guarantee the highlight of your summer.