Here are 10 surprising food facts to help you through your hump day.
1. Approximately 7,500 varieties of apples exist in the world.
2. The purple carrot was the original gangster. Until 17th-century Dutch carrot growers decided to change things up and began cultivating wild carrots into the orange ones we know and love today.
3. Holy Nuggets! The worlds largest ever recorded chicken nugget was created in 2013 in New Jersey. Imagine 720 regular chicken nuggets mashed into one big nugget.
4. Starbucks has over 87,000 possible drink combinations listed on their website. So it would only take you a few years to work through the menu.
5. ¡Ay, caramba! The amount of Nutella produced in just one year weighs the same amount as the Empire State Building.
6. Did you know your favourite McDonald’s ice cream actually contains seaweed? Carrageenan is extracted from seaweed to harness its stabilising and thickening properties.
7. To get just 1 kg of saffron more than 300,000 flowers have to be picked. What’s more saffron only grows for seven days of the year.
8. The majority of wasabi consumed is actually just coloured horseradish.
9. A Tokyo amusement park has some unusual ice cream flavours most notably – Raw Horse Flesh flavour.
10. The is actually a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth. It is called Arachibutyrophobia.