Everyone knows that coffee grounds work a treat in the garden and it’s not uncommon for baristas to fight over who gets to take home the black gold. But did you know that you can turn coffee grounds into soap?
The soaps are easy to make and are a great gift. They exfoliate and deodourise, without any overpowering floral scents.
What You’ll Need:
- 230 grams glycerin soap
- 1/4 cup used coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Small saucepan
- Small metal or glass bowl
- Muffin tin
- Create a double boiler. Add soap to the top bowl and let it melt completely. It should only take a couple of minutes.
- Once the soap has melted, take it off the heat. Add one teaspoon of coffee grounds and vanilla and stir.
- Place the remaining coffee grounds in four rounds of a lightly greased muffin tins. Carefully ladle the soap into the tin. Allow to cool for several hours before popping them out and wrapping them in parchment paper.