Moon Milk is the latest trend to take over social media. This magical milk is not only a great photo opportunity but also helps to improve sleep. The warm milk solution is a combination of different herbs, spices and supplements used to promote rest and relaxation in the body. Known as being one of the world’s oldest natural remedies for sleeplessness, Moon Milk’s most crucial ingredients are Adaptogens. Adaptogens are a dense herbal supplement known for helping to relieve stress, therefore, making it easier for you to sleep. Some common adaptogens are holy basil, ginseng, liquorice root, milk thistle and rosemary. Here is an easy Moon Milk recipe to try
- 1 cup whole milk or unsweetened nut milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground ashwagandha (an adaptogen)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric (spice)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (spice)
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 pinches of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan bring milk to simmer over low heat. Then whisk in cinnamon, turmeric, ashwagandha and cardamom.
- Add coconut oil and continue to simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool before stirring through honey
- Finish with a pinch of nutmeg and cardamom.