As winter approaches, our taste buds adapt to crave more comforting and warmer foods, but our love for desserts and treats means we still crave old time favourites like cakes and ice creams. This amazing warm apple crumble recipe will tame those cravings, complete with Wahiki ice cream for a perfect melt in your mouth dessert.
Apple and Pear Crumble topped with Wahiki Vanilla Coconut Ice cream:
- Apple and Pear Filling:
- Four apples
- Three pears
- One Tbsp coconut sugar
- One tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 almond meal
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 160C and grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
- Peel and de-core the apples and pears. Thinly slice each piece of fruit and layer your slices in a circular pattern in your baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the top of the sliced apples and pears.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add the coconut oil and using your hands, work the coconut oil through the dry mixture to create a crumble consistency.
- Evenly spread the crumble mixture over the top of the sliced apples and pears.
- Place your dish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the crumble is golden and the apples and pears are cooked to desired softness.
- Once removed from the oven, allow to cool slightly before dishing up. Top with a big scoop of Wahiki Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream.