Cooking time: 15-20 minutes Rice
Cooking time: 40 minutes BBQ or oven to cook Chicken
1 whole chicken
2 cups basmati rice
1 can kidney beans
1 tsp Marlaina’s Premium Traditional Jerk Salt
1 tsp Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning Mild or Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning Hot
1 knob of butter
Rice & Beans
- Rinse rice under the tap
- Boil water place rice, butter and Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning into it
- Add the tin of kidney beans including the liquid inside the can
- Bring to boil, stir once, simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until water is absorbed
- Let rest for 5 minutes, stirring to fluff up the rice
- Rinse chicken with half an orange (brings a tropical flavour to it)
- Towel dry and rub or sprinkle Marlaina’s Premium Jerk Seasoning Mild or Hot all over it
- Place on a tray over the BBQ or cook in the oven until golden brown and cooked through
You can add coconut cream or milk to the rice to give it a truly aromatic flavour.
You may use your favourite rice of choice however basmati has exceptional quality.
Can also be served with a fresh crispy green salad.