MEADOWS GARLICKY MUSHROOM FETTUCCINE
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
500g dried fettuccine
1/3 cup olive oil
6 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slices
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp salt
220g can Meadow Mushrooms sliced in sauce
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Squeeze of lemon
- Cook pasta in salted water according to the directions on the package and set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until it just begins to turn golden on the edges.
- Add the chilli flakes and mixed herbs, and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the reserved pasta-cooking water to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, add salt and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by about a third.
- Add the mushrooms to the liquid and heat for a further minute.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and toss.
- Remove from the heat and add the parmesan and a squeeze of lemon. Toss well.
- Serve in bowls with extra parmesan and olive oil.