How in sync are you and your bestie? Well, Spotify is helping friends put their music compatibility to the test with the official launch of a personalized shared playlist called Blend – perfect to connect with your friends across state lockdowns.
Previously in beta, Blend is officially rolling out of beta to all users globally beginning today – introducing new cover art, taste match scores and shareable data stories that are unique to every listening pair.
- Taste Match Scores: Two users who create a Blend will now get a taste match score that shows how similar or unique their listening preferences are, compared to their friends.
- Shareable Data Stories: They’ll also be able to see the specific song that brings you together. Blend’s data stories will be shareable across social channels. The data stories will automatically pop up once Blend is created but users can also access them again at any time within the playlist.
- New Cover Art: The new cover art for Blend will allow users to easily identify each of their Blend playlists.
- Yours or Mine? Premium listeners will be able to see which user’s listening preferences contributed to each song on the playlist so they can claim bragging rights over their musical taste.
Here’s how it works:
- Create: Tap ‘Create Blend’ in the Made for You hub on mobile.
- Invite: Next, tap ‘Invite’ to select a friend to join your Blend via messaging.
- Blend: Once your friend accepts, Spotify will generate custom cover art and tracklist for the two of you filled with songs that combine your listening preferences and tastes.
- Share: Share your Blend results across your social channels by tapping “Share this story” at the bottom of your data story screen.
Olivia Rodrigo took the top spot for most streamed artist from Blend playlists over the past month, followed by Doja Cat, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and Lil Nas X. As for most streamed tracks from Blend playlists, “good 4 u” by Olivia Rodrigo came in at number one, followed by “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” by Lil Nas X, “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat feat. SZA, “Levitating” by Dua Lipa and “Leave The Door Open” by Bruno Mars feat. Anderson .Paak and Silk Sonic.