Put the bananas down, leave that back in 2020 – please. Now that we are lockdown experts, we can’t be seen making another batch of banana bread now, can we? Thankfully, the team at Whittaker’s has shared with us the most delicious Moist Chocolate Cake recipe you’ve ever seen.
Check out the delicious recipe below:
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 45 min
1 ½ cups plain white flour
1 cup caster sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup neutral oil
1 tbsp vinegar (balsamic or white)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup cooled coffee
CHOCOLATE GANACHE ICING
2x blocks (200g) Whittaker’s 45% Rich Cocoa Chocolate
1 cup Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
2. Line a 20cm (8 inch) cake tin with baking paper.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large bowl and mix together.
4. Add the olive oil, vinegar, vanilla and cooled coffee. Using a whisk, gently stir until just combined (do not overmix!)
5. Pour into the cake tin and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool in the tin for 5mins before turning out onto a cooling rack.
1. Gently melt chocolate and cream together in a metal bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir constantly to form a smooth sauce.
2. Allow to cool until it’s thick enough to spread on the cooled cake.
- You can double the recipe, and divide the batter between two tins. When you come to icing, sandwich the two cakes together with ganache before spreading remaining ganache all over the top and sides.
- Serve with berries and yoghurt for a fresh touch.
- Store cake in an airtight container.