Our favourite Kiwi band – White Chapel Jak are showing their appreciation for all essential workers during COVID-19 by giving away free tickets to their Return to the Jak tour!
The talented band have announced 16 live shows in 11 cities throughout New Zealand from August 2020.
“The Covid-19 lockdown period has been a tough time for all of Aotearoa, and for many the challenges are ongoing. White Chapel Jak wanted to express our aroha to the amazing essential services workers who kept working through lockdown and are doing the mahi in our ‘new normal’,” said guitarist Nathan Boston.
They are extremely excited to bring back live performances and the change to interact with their fans again. To show appreciation for the essential workers, they are giving away five double passes for each of their shows on their Facebook page. The winners will be picked at random and notified a week prior to each show! How good?
“We salute these beautiful people and want to share some dance, laughter and love with them. We want to give them a hand, and give them a night to remember,” said Lead singer Bonnie Hurunui.
Before the lockdown, White Chapel Jak had impressive performances – selling out shows around New Zealand for 18 months. They played at many festivals, stealing the hearts of many Kiwis with their fresh and funky tunes.
“Playing live music and spreading joy were taken away at lockdown. Now, thankful and grateful like the rest of New Zealand, we’re back, and couldn’t be more excited and ready to raise the roof and celebrate… Celebrate life, celebrate what Kiwis have achieved and what it means to be ‘us’. Here’s to kindness and unity, here’s to us Nu Zuland!”
The Return of the Jak Tour will be playing as the following:
- LEIGH – Leigh Sawmill Café, August 14 & 15
- WARKWORTH – Warkworth Hall, September 5
- AUCKLAND – Galatos – Auckland City, September 12
- NAPIER – Crabb Farm Winery, September 19
- MANGAWHAI – Mangawhai Tavern, September 26
- Mt MAUNGANUI – Totara St, October 10
- AUCKLAND – Tuning Fork, October 17
- COROMANDEL – Coroglen Tavern, October 24
- ROTORUA – Blue Baths, October 31
- WHANGAREI – The Butter Factory, November 7
- NAPIER – The Cabana, November 13 & 14
- GISBORNE – Smash Palace, November 21
- AUCKLAND – Brownzy, November 28
- WELLINGTON – Upper Hutt Cossie Club, December 5
For more tour information, click here.