There’s nothing nicer than a softly fizzing bath bomb which turn your bathtub into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colours, perfect for soaking your troubles away…
Make your own with this simple recipe!
- One and a half cups of baking soda
- Half a cup of citric acid (in powder form)
- Two teaspoons of sweet almond oil
- Essential oil or fragrance of your choice
- Food colouring of your choice
- Mould in the shape of your choice
- Sift together baking soda and citric acid in a bowl, this makes the base.
- Transfer half a cup of the base mixture to another bowl, add glitter and dried flowers of your choice and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together half a teaspoon of sweet almond oil, 6-8 drops of your essential oil or fragrance of choice, and 6 drops of food colouring (this is only enough for one bath bomb).
- Pour the oil mixture into the half a cup of base mixture which you previously put aside, and mix it quickly before it starts to fizz. Combine until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Put a little sweet almond oil inside the moulds, then fill the moulds with the mixture, packing in densely.
- Leave them to set for up to 36 hours, and lightly tap the mould to get bath bomb out.