New Zealand’s richest racing carnival, Auckland Cup Week, is returning to Ellerslie Racecourse in March 2021. Expect to see lots of colourful dresses and fancy hats as world-class horses race for the win.
Indulge yourself amongst the racing fashion and horses with free children’s entertainment, mouth-watering food and champagne on the trackside.
Vodafone Derby Day features…
- The $1 million Group 1 Vodafone New Zealand Derby
- The national fashions in the field final – The Ned Prix de Fashion, plus the Fashion Qualifiers in association with Milford Centre and a Menswear Award
- The chance to win a trip to Queenstown (valued $1,750) with Roaring Meg’s ‘Pick the Winner’ competition
- Live music
- Free children’s entertainment and a host of other races and entertainment in support
Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup Day provides a brilliant end to the week with…
- The running of the $500,000 Group 1 Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup
- The popular running of the Auckland Clydesdale Cup
- The Style Stakes fashion competition
- Another chance to win a $1,750 trip to Queenstown with Roaring Meg’s Pick the Winner competition
- The official “after the last race party” with a band and DJs
Saturday 6th and 13th March 2021.
Ellerslie Racecourse, Auckland.
Key event information:
- Get your tickets from ellerslie.co.nz
- Tickets start from $20 per person, shared hospitality precincts and private areas are also available
- Children under 15 years old get free general admission and senior citizen general admission rates apply at the gate on the day
- Gates open at 11:00am*
- Vodafone Derby Day: First race at 12:25pm* | Last race at 5.40pm*
- Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup Day: First race at 12.45pm* | Last race at 6.15pm*
- Free parking is available onsite and the Ellerslie Racecourse is just a 600m walk from Greenlane Train Station
*Times may be subject to change.