In preparation for World Baking Day this Sunday – yes it’s a real thing, the team at Arnott’s has shared one of the most drool-worthy recipes yet! If you love Tim Tams (who doesn’t) then you’ll LOVE this.
Arnott’s believes “there is no substitute” for connecting with family and friends over the sharing of a biscuit, and there has never been a more important time to do so. What better way to connect with those you love with than by baking an Arnott’s recipe… at home!
This recipe for Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies is created by Arnott’s Master Baker Vanessa Horton as part of Arnotts #baketogether and Big Recipe Release movement.
“The response to the Big Recipe Release has been amazing, and many people have been asking us for Tim Tam. While the biscuit itself is advanced-level baking, this brownie recipe is an easy and delicious way to make a treat using Australia’s favourite chocolate biscuit,” said Horton.
Okay, enough talking… let’s get baking! STAT.
Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- Melted butter, to grease
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120g butter
- 1 ½ cups (400g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) plain flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 X (200g) packet of Arnott’s original Tim Tam, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ tsp sea-salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180ᵒC/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 20 x 20cm square cake tin. Line with baking paper.
- Put chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture; add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Stir through Tim Tam. Pour batter into prepared tin. Spreading evenly, sprinkle with almonds and sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cut into pieces and serve.