If you’ve been surfing the internet waves of the online beauty community of late, you may have stumbled across a confusing looking Danish term – hygge. A rising trend, hygge (pronounced hoo-gah) is all about cosiness and contentedness, which sounds like a fabulous way to approach winter hence why we’re jumping on the bandwagon.
Here’s ten ways to make your life more hygge…
- Take a long hot bath, add a few drops of lavender oil for a relaxing aroma
- Catch up with friends over a hot chocolate
- Snuggle up in silky pyjamas, a robe and comfy slippers
- Get lost in a good book, try a genre you haven’t read before, or ask the librarian for a recommendation
- Look through an old photo album, or read old letters
- Freshen up with a face mask, and follow it with a luxurious moisturiser or face oil
- Write a journal, you will enjoy looking back on it later in life
- Take a walk in the park, breath deeply, and notice your surroundings
- Listen to classical music, try Liszt, Debussy or Rachmaninov
- Light a scented candle, and enjoy the pleasant aroma wafting through your home
If you need us, we’ll in the bath, drinking hot chocolate with a face mask.