This year brought forth some rather awesome, and rather not so awesome garments to the red carpet. With a Chinese theme many carpet goers embraced it with ease. There were of course some errr, interesting choices, unsure whether that hinders or helps you, yet some pretty cool stuff endeavoured to catch my eye…
My Favourite by far had to have been Emily Ratajowski’s custom made Topshop dress. Now it ain’t no Haute couture, but something about the texture and pattern sing to me. Hate me if you want. I like it. Alongside Em-dizzle was sexy as hell Joan Smalls in her eye-busting, hip hugging purple bonanza gown. These two definitely outshone and overtook the competeti- I mean, fellow celebs.
3) Amanda Seigfried (Givenchy Haute Couture)
4) RIHANNA IS WEARING A CAPE (Gui Pei)
6) Hate me if you must, but Diane Kruger ROCKED those pants.
7) Rosie Huntington-Whitely (The hair, the makeup, UMPH)
9) Kate Hudson- forever the ambience of royalty in them yellow shades
10) Beyonce just casually being a golden goddess by wearing nothing and totally getting away with it.
I am all for a touch of experimentation. So here’s a list of those who tried. *Slow clap.
1) Sarah Jessica Parker, she’s a fire starter all right – her love for headwear dates way back to the set of Sex and the City, and still remains apparently.
2) Anne Hatheway is wearing a golden hood. That is all. (Ralph Lauren)
3) Solange Knowles (Giles Deacon)
4) Vanessa Hudgens, this isn’t the 2002 prom.
5) Dylan Lauren, this had to be done.
These girls aren’t theme spoilers, nor did they fail in spoiling my afternoon. Below are the pretty legit looking Chinese themed princesses of the Met Gala 2015.
1) Bee Shaffer (Alexander McQueen)
4) Grace Coddington- Mmm comfy and to theme. Grace is great!
5) Chloe Sevigny – I don’t know what it is, but her hair is Princess Leia so she made the cut.
– Elise Hislop