McCain is always here to power up your plate with a fast, healthy meal. On the menu today is a delicious and nutritious pea soup.
Low in calories and high in dietary fibre, helping to keep your system clean, these little green power-packs are full of vitamins C, K, and B, and are rich in antioxidants.
McCain’s Pea Soup Recipe:
Ready in 20 minutes. Serves 4.
-1 tbsp butter
-1 onion, chopped
-2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-2 medium-sized potatoes chopped into cubes
-1x 1kg bag of McCain peas
– ½ cup of mint leaves
-1 tbsp of dried tarragon
-1 litre of stock (chicken or vegetable stock)
– ½ cup of cream or Greek yoghurt
-Pinch of dried chilli pepper (optional)
1. Melt butter in a saucepan, add chopped onion and minced garlic.
2. Once the onions and garlic are soft, add the stock and potatoes; boil until potatoes are cooked through.
3. Add the bag of McCain Peas, mint and tarragon. Bring to the boil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add the cream or yoghurt. Blend in the food processor or use a stick blender in the pot.
5. Pour into bowls, add a pinch of sea salt, mint and chilli pepper (if you like a bit of heat).