The yoghurt is obviously delicious on its own, however, Nomura has also created a Coconut Latik Parfait recipe that’s mouth-watering and super easy to recreate at home. So, what are you waiting for?
- 80g of crushed biscuit, you choose
- 1 x 500g tub of The Collective’s Vietnamese Coffee yoghurt
- ½ cup of cubed sponge cake (store-bought is fine)
- 1 tin coconut milk (425ml)
- Latik – toasted coconut crumbs
- Fresh berries (your choice)
- Chocolate fingers (optional)
- Put biscuits in a blender and blitz them into crumbs.
- To assemble, put the biscuit crumbs in a serving jar or glass and pour 1/4 of The Collective’s Vietnamese Coffee yoghurt on top.
- Add cubed sponge cakes and cover with another 1/4 of the yoghurt.
- Garnish with seasonal fruits, latik, then place chocolate fingers before serving.
To make the Latik:
- Pour the coconut milk into a frying pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-high (make sure you see gentle bubbles on the surface) and cook it off. Stir occasionally. Cook until the coconut separates from the oil and turns into a nice light brown colour.
- Use a strainer to remove the coconut oil and retain the crumbs. Cool it down and store in an airtight container.
- Tip: You can also store the coconut oil for future cooking!