Nothing beats a warm soup as the colder nights set in.
This Roasted Carrot Ginger Soup is an easy winter warmer using the Braun PowerBlend 9.
ROASTED CARROT GINGER SOUP
Serves 4 (approx. 1.9 L)
- 680 g carrots, peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, with skins on, root end snipped off
- 1 tbsp. avocado/ sunflower/ olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 15 g fresh ginger root, peeled
- 700-950 ml vegetable or chicken broth, as needed
- 235 ml heavy cream or cashew milk
- 125 g sour cream or yogurt
- Pea sprouts or beet sprouts
- Place the carrots and the ginger into the blender jug.
- In a sauté pan set on medium, heat the oil and then add onion slices and garlic cloves. Cook just until softened and the onions are translucent 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, and pop the garlic cloves out of their jackets and add all to the blender jug.
- Secure the lid and turn the machine on. Select the soup program and turn the iTextureControl dial to smooth. When the program is complete, adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Remove the plug from the lid and add the cream or milk. Replace the plug and select the manual mode. Turn the iTextureControl to 1 increasing it to 9 for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into soup bowls and top each with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and a sprinkling of sprouts.