Don’t let anyone tell you any different, Tacos are meant to be enjoyed every day. Yes, you heard us. Every.single.day. All jokes aside, if you’re after an easy plant-based taco recipe then read on fair warning though; finished product may take your tastebuds on a flavour journey.
Plant-Based Tacos by Rebecca Young
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 tsp minced garlic
400gm plant-based mince
1 can diced tomatoes
Splash of water
40gm burrito/taco seasoning
Cracked black pepper (to taste)
White corn mini tortillas
½ red onion, finely sliced
Kernels from 1 cob sweet corn
Handful fresh coriander
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add in the finely diced onion and celery and cook until lightly browned.
- Add in the garlic and stir through well.
- Add in the plant-based mince and cook for 5 minutes, stirring throughout to ensure it cooks through evenly.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes along with a splash of water and the burrito/taco seasoning. Stir through well and continue cooking for a few minutes longer.
- Add in cracked black pepper and salt to taste, cover and set aside.
- Heat another fry pan to high heat and cook each white corn tortilla for a few minutes on either side.
- To assemble your soft shell tacos, spread some smashed avocado on the tortilla as your base, then add the mince mix on top, along with some sliced red onion, corn kernels and coriander, along with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and you’re done! Enjoy your handiwork!
This post originally appeared on The Orange Kitchen blog. You may visit the blog or even the author’s instagram @young_rebecca for more food inspirations like this!