It seems like this long weekend; we’re getting nothing but rain. So what better indoor activity to do than baking? Whittaker’s has shared with us a delicious biscuit recipe with their amazing Whittaker’s Hokey Pokey Crunch chocolate.
Let us scroll, and let us bake!
Whittaker’s Hokey Pokey Crunch Biscuits
Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 15mins
Servings: Approx 21 biscuits
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 110g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150g Whittaker’s Hokey Pokey Crunch, chopped into chunks (remaining 100g chopped into squares)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugars, and butter until smooth
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then mix well to combine.
- Mix in 150g chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Spoon the mixture in approximately 1 ½ Tablespoon portions, placing them about 5cm apart on the baking trays.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Remove from the oven and place one square of chocolate on top of each biscuit, allowing it to melt onto the biscuit.
- Cool the biscuits on a tray for ~5mins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Optional: Sprinkle with homemade Hokey Pokey for decoration.
Don’t forget to check out the other Whittaker’s Hokey Pokey recipes: